Control access to Appsby IT-Projects LLC https://twitter.com/OdooFree , Ivan Yelizariev https://twitter.com/OdooFree
|License||See License tab|
|Also available in version||v 14.0 v 13.0 v 8.0 v 12.0 v 11.0 v 9.0|
Control access to Apps
Adds "Apps access" selection in user's access rights tab. Two options are available: "Allow install apps" and "Allow install apps only from settings". You can configure administrators which don't have access to Apps.
To get an assistance on this module contact us by email :arrow_right: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ivan Yelizariev
- Ildar Nasyrov
Tested on 10.0
Control access to Apps
- Install this module in a usual way
After the installation of this module by default no one has access to install modules. To control such permission follow the steps below.
- Open menu [[ Settings ]] >> Users >> Users, select the user you want to grant the access to
- On Access Rights tab, Application settings group there is an Apps access security category
- Select Allow to install apps - to allow apps installation from everywhere
- Select Allow to install apps only from settings - to allow apps installation only from other module's Configuration >> Settings menu, there is no [[ Apps ]] menu available
- Select blank line - to restrict application installation
- Be sure that you don't test the functionality under the Administrator (superuser with id=1) user - he is immune to any access restriction except of hiding menus or buttons in UI
- If you don't select anything in Apps access: there is no [[ Apps ]] menu - even if your user is in Administration: Settings security group. Also note that you have no ability to include yourself in groups allowing to install apps - this is what access_restricted module does (access_apps depends on it)
- If you have Allow to install apps selected: there is [[ Apps ]] menu
- If you have Allow to install apps only from settings: from other module's Configuration >> Settings menu, e.g. from [[ Sales ]] >> Configuration >> Settigns see that you have the ability to check the Digital Products checkbox that actually installs the website_sale_digital module after clicking on [Apply] button.
The MIT License (MIT) Copyright 2020 IT-Projects Labs Copyright 2015-2020 IT-Projects LLC Copyright 2014-2015 Ivan Yelizariev Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.