Restrict Admin rightsby IT-Projects LLC https://twitter.com/OdooFree , Ivan Yelizariev https://twitter.com/OdooFree
|License||See License tab|
|Also available in version||v 12.0 v 9.0 v 13.0 v 8.0 v 14.0 v 11.0|
Restrict Admin rights
No more access rights (groups) for Admins than before
Tested and maintained by
IT Projects Labs
Administrator has access to settings, but not able to install new apps
Follow Documentation tab to see Configuration details
Restrict admin rights
- Install this module in a usual way
- By default all users except a superuser restricted to escalate the privileges
- There is only one configuration option this module provides. Open menu [[ Settings ]] >> Users >> Users
- In Access Rights tab you can select 'Allow add implied groups from settings' - to allow some users to configurate modules by means of group_XXX fields from Settings menus
Let's take Sale module as an example.
Without this module installed:
- Say you have a user with administration rights Administration: Access Rights. This user thus may increase his own rights in Application > Sales from Sales: User: All Documents to Sales: Manager. Also he can open menu [[ Sales ]] >> Configuration >> Settings and select Display 3 fields on sales orders: customer, invoice address, delivery address there and then click [Apply] button (adding group_sale_delivery_address)
With this module installed:
- The user from previous example cannot increase his privileges. There is no Sales: Manager option for him, and also no Display 3 fields on sales orders: customer, invoice address, delivery address option in mudule configuration
- The only exception is done for users who are in special group 'Allow add implied groups from settings' - if your user is included in this group by the superuser then you may select Display 3 fields on sales orders: customer, invoice address, delivery address from Sale module Configuration >> Settings menu
The MIT License (MIT) Copyright 2020 IT-Projects Labs Copyright 2015-2020 IT-Projects LLC Copyright 2014-2015 Ivan Yelizariev Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.