External Database Sourcesby Daniel Reis https://github.com/OCA/server-backend , LasLabs https://github.com/OCA/server-backend , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/server-backend
|Also available in version||v 13.0 v 7.0 v 8.0 v 11.0 v 9.0 v 12.0|
External Database Sources
This module allows you to define connections to foreign databases using ODBC, Firebird, Oracle Client or SQLAlchemy.
No installation required.
Database sources can be configured in Settings > Configuration -> Data sources.
To use this module:
- Go to Settings > Database Structure > Database Sources
- Click on Create to enter the following information:
- Data source name
- Connector: Choose the database to which you want to connect
- Connection string: Specify how to connect to database
To extend this module:
Known issues / Roadmap
- Find a way to remove or default the CA certs dir
- Add concept of multiple connection strings for one source (multiple nodes)
- Add a ConnectionEnvironment that allows for the reuse of connections
- Message box should be displayed instead of error in connection_test
- Remove old api compatibility layers (v11)
- Instead of returning list of results, we should return iterators. This will support larger datasets in a more efficient manner.
- Implement better CRUD handling
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit http://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.