Attachment Urlby IT-Projects LLC https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/13.0/ir_attachment_url/ , Ildar Nasyrov https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/13.0/ir_attachment_url/
|License||See License tab|
|Also available in version||v 13.0 v 12.0 v 11.0 v 9.0|
Use attachment URL and upload data to external storage
The module allows to use url in Binary fields (e.g. in product images). It provides the possibility for uploading files to external storage (ftp, s3, some web server, etc) and uses url instead of transfer binary data between odoo server and client that, in turn, allows to reduce the load on server.
E.g., for uploading files to S3 you can use our module ir_attachment_s3: https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/10.0/ir_attachment_s3/
How it works
As an example go to Sales → Products menu and open or create new item. Upload any image to the product.
- Go to Settings → Database Structure → Attachments menu.
- Add custom filter: Resource Field is set
- Switch to list view and open the created attachment items: image_small, image_medium, image
In the form that appears change 'Type' to URL and set url in the 'Url' field. As a result you can see related image in your product.
- Install this module in a usual way
- Run Odoo with --load=web,web_kanban,ir_attachment_url or set the server_wide_modules option in The Odoo configuration file:
[options] (...) server_wide_modules = web,web_kanban,ir_attachment_url (...)
- Note: without the configuration above the module UI wouldn't work - and you couldn't use @ button on binary image fields to specify their urls manually. All other functions of the module will work without the --load=..., e.g. you can still use ir_attachment_s3 that specifies urls for you in binary image fields.
- Go to Sales >> Products menu
- Open a product
- Upload image to this product or specify image URL
- Save the changes
- Go to Settings >> Database Structure >> Attachments menu
- See related attachment form that contains URL of the image
The MIT License (MIT) Copyright 2020 IT-Projects Labs Copyright 2015-2020 IT-Projects LLC Copyright 2014-2015 Ivan Yelizariev Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.