Belgium - Multilingual Chart of Accounts (en/nl/fr)by Noviat http://www.noviat.com
Accounting and Finance (account_accountant)
• Invoicing (account)
Multilanguage alternative for the 'l10n_be' belgian accounting module
This module activates the following functionality:
- Multilanguage support (en/nl/fr) for Chart of Accounts (CoA), Taxes and Tax Codes.
- Multilingual accounting templates.
- Support for the NBB/BNB legal Balance and P&L reportscheme including auto-configuration of the correct financial report entry when creating/changing a general account.
- The account type will be automatically assigned based upon the account group when creating a new general account.
- The setup wizard
- allows to select mono- versus multilingual Chart of Accounts
- allows to select which languages to install
- copies the CoA, Tax, Tax Tags and Fiscal Position translations from the installation templates
- Intervat XML VAT declarations
- Periodical VAT Declaration
- Periodical Intracom Declaration
- Annual Listing of VAT-Subjected Customers
This module has been tested for use with Odoo Enterprise as well as Odoo Community.
It is recommended not to install l10n_be when using this module.
The l10n_be module is 'auto_installed' when creating a new database with the Country field set to Belgium. As a consequence we recommend to leave this field empty. The company country will be set to Belgium afterwards by the l10n_be_coa_multilang setup wizard.
The setup wizard may fail when running on an Odoo instance without patch https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pull/21937.
1) Chart of Accounts
This module has a different approach than l10n_be for the population of the Chart of Accounts (CoA).
The l10n_be module comes with a fully populated CoA whereas this module will only create the CoA Groups and a strict minimum set of general accounts.
In order to have a fully populated CoA, you have to import your own CoA after the installation of this module. You can use the standard account import button in order to do this. When importing your chart of accounts the reporting tags and user type will be set automatically based upon the account group (the first digits of the account code).
2) Fiscal Year
Configure your Fiscal Years via Accounting -> Configuration -> Date Ranges.
3) VAT Declarations
By default the 'invoicing' contact of the Company is used as contact for the VAT Declarations. Ensure that this contact has a valid e-mail and phone number since these fields will be used for the Intervat XML VAT declarations.
Known issues / Roadmap
- Add extra controls to the VAT declaration wizards.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smash it by providing detailed and welcomed feedback.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.