Website Switcher in Backendby IT-Projects LLC https://it-projects.info/team/yelizariev , Ivan Yelizariev https://it-projects.info/team/yelizariev
Website Builder (website)
|Lines of code||400|
|License||See License tab|
|Also available in version||v 13.0 v 11.0 v 12.0|
Website Switcher in Backend
- Install this module in a usual way
- As this is a technical module, consider to install other modules that use this one, for example ir_config_parameter_multi_company
Activate Multi Websites for Backend:
- Either via [[ Settings ]] >> General Settings
- or per user via [[ Settings ]] >> Users >> Users (you need to activate Developer mode first)
Once you activated Multi Websites for Backend, will see Website Switcher in top right-hand corner.
Technically, it changes value of a technical field at User record. It means, that you can work only with one website in a momen, you cannot use two different browser tabs/windows to work with a different websites.
Via menu [[ Settings ]] >> Technical >> Parameters >> Company Properties (available in Developer mode) you can find exact values for Website-dependent fields. The menu shows normal Company-dependent fields too. To filter them out use new filter Website-dependent.
How it works
For a given record field and context (Company, Website), priority of the properties to be used as field's value is as following:
- Website and Resource are matched
- Website is matched, Resource is empty
- Company and Resource are matched, Website is empty
- Company is matched, Resource and Website are empty
- Company, Resource and Website are empty (i.e. only Field is matched)
Note, that when Company and Website are both set, Website's Company must be equal to Company or Empty. Otherwise such records are ignored.
On computing non-website specific (All Website option and not website_id in context) it works as without the module, i.e.:
- Company and Resource are matched
- Company is matched, Resource is empty
- Company and Resource are empty (i.e. only Field is matched)
Note, if some code use sudo() before getting the value, configuraiton of superuser will be used.
The MIT License (MIT) Copyright 2020 IT-Projects Labs Copyright 2015-2020 IT-Projects LLC Copyright 2014-2015 Ivan Yelizariev Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.