QWeb for email templatesby Therp BV https://github.com/OCA/social , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/social
|Lines of code||89|
|Also available in version||v 13.0 v 8.0 v 10.0 v 9.0 v 12.0|
QWeb for email templates
This module was written to allow you to write email templates in QWeb instead of jinja2. The advantage here is that with QWeb, you can make use of inheritance and the call statement, which allows you to reuse designs and snippets in multiple templates, making your development process simpler. Furthermore, QWeb views are easier to edit with the integrated ACE editor.
To use this module, you need to:
- Select QWeb in the field Body templating engine
- Select a QWeb view to be used to render the body field
Apart from QWeb's standard variables, you also have access to:
- object browse record of the current object
- email_template browse record of email template in use
- record depending on where the message is sent, object can be either the real record or the mail message used to send the email. In standard J2 templates this variable is available only for messages and only in the ctx. This variable tries to solve this issue and provides always the same variable.
- record_name always provide the display name of current record
- In addition to these, you'll find all the variables available for J2 templates: format_date, format_tz, format_amount, user, ctx. These will make easier to port existing J2 templates to Qweb.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smash it by providing detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
- Holger Brunn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Dave Lasley <email@example.com>
- Carlos Lopez Mite <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Simone Orsi <email@example.com>
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.