Odoo direct printby VentorTech https://ventor.tech
Inventory Management (stock)
• Sales Management (sale_management)
• Invoicing Management (account_invoicing)
|Lines of code||1771|
|Also available in version||v 16.0 v 12.0 v 14.0 v 13.0 v 15.0 v 10.0|
Odoo Direct Print (PrintNode)
Print any report or shipping labels directly to any remote or local (USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) printer, without downloading PDF or ZPL!
The app connects Odoo to your PrintNode account and links all configured printers.
Each printer can be configured per user. This method allows you to print much faster as compared to the default Odoo printing method. Now you can print packing slips (PDF) on your regular A4 printer and shipping labels (ZPL) on any thermal Zebra printer, all at the same time. You can also configure automatic print while calling some action (beta), for example, print a SO right after clicking the "Validate" button.
TEST THE MODULE ON OUR DEMO SERVER - https://odoo.ventor.tech/
Our Demo server is recreated every day at 12.00 AM (UTC). So all your manually entered data will be deleted.
- Works with both Odoo Community and Enterprise (self-hosted or odoo.sh)
- Prints different document types (ZPL, PDF) on different printers without downloading files
- Automatic printing of Shipping Labels after Delivery Order validation (fully compatible with Ventor App).
- Smart validation prohibits printing documents on unsupported printers, for example, A4 on A6 printers or PDF on ZPL printers
- Support of USB, Ethernet, WiFi, and Bluetooth printers; any format and manufacturer
- Flexible automatic printing configuration (for example, print a Sales Order PDF automatically after clicking on the "Confirm" button)
- All kinds of reports (Sales orders, Delivery sleeps, Shipping labels, etc.) and paper sizes
- Manage access rights and configure each printer individually per user
- We can customize the app on demand based on your requirements
Configure individual format for every report (needed for smart validation).
Define formats supported by Printers.
Assign default printer for any user for automatic printing.
And set up additional user rules to print a certain document on a particular printer.
Configure action buttons to trigger automatic printing, for example, print a Packing slip after clicking to "Validate" the transfer.
Print Shipping Labels manually or automatically for Odoo Enterprise included Delivery Carries (FedEx, USPS, UPS, bpost and etc.). Also supporting all custom carrier integration modules for Odoo Community that are written according to Odoo Standards. And assign different label printers for every packing station (user). Watch the video >
Define paper formats (needed for smart validation).
Manage access rights.
TEST THE MODULE ON OUR DEMO SERVER - https://odoo.ventor.tech/VISIT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Odoo POS support
Due to the design of the POS in Odoo (it is designed to work offline and receipts are generated on frontend and not backend), this module is not supporting printing for POS yet. We will develop a separate module soon.
Bugs, features request
If you have questions, need any help or have a customizations request, please contact us at email@example.com.
We also can set up and configure printers and required print actions in your company on demand.
Installation and Configuration
The installation module requires the following knowledge:
- How to install a module on your Odoo Instance (self-hosted or odoo.sh)
- How to install PrintNode Client software (Linux based systems installation will require CUPS knowledge)
Module installation and configuration are not included in the module's price. Refer to the "Documentation" tab in the current module for installation details.
If you need help, you can request paid support via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about our Ventor mobile app for barcode scanners here (https://ventor.tech/ventor-mobile-app-for-odoo-inventory/).
* For environmental considerations, please consider printing only necessary paper documents.
Quick configuration guide
Steps for PrintNode
- Sign up for PrintNode to create a new account and generate an API key.
- To use PrintNode you need to install and run the PrintNode Client software on a computer that has access to all your printers in your network and is connected to the internet. (By the default Pricing Plan PrintNode supports installation of the client software on three different computers, but you can add more devices at any time.)
- Open the API menu and copy your API key for later use.
Steps for Odoo
- Install the Odoo PrintNode app on your Odoo server.
- Go to PrintNode app > Configuration > Accounts > Click CREATE > Insert your API key copied from earlier and click "save".
- Click on the "Import printers" button to get all printers from your PrinNode app.
- Go to PrintNode settings and set up default printers (Don't forget to set up a shipping label if needed)
- Go to user preferences, set up the default printers, and click in the "Print via PrintNode" checkbox (if the checkbox “Print via PrintNode” is set, then all documents will be auto-forwarded to the printer instead of downloading in PDF).
- That's it, you can now print directly on your default printers. Try to print any document, and make sure your printer is switched on!
TEST ON OUR SERVER >
Our Demo server is recreated every day at 12.00 AM (UTC). All your manually entered data will be deleted at this time.
1. Does every computer in the company that needs to print, need to install the nodeprint client app on the local computer? Or only the computers where the printer is physically attached?
It's enough to have only one machine that has access to all needed printers. We even recommend to set-up a separate PC for this. E.g. we configured a Raspberry PI 4 in our office for printing purposes. It's absolutely doesn't matter where are the printers and connected to a local or external network. If the printnode client sees them, you can print.
2. Are there any limitations on the side of hosting Odoo? We use Docker/Kubernetes based deployments. Are you aware of any issues with such environments?
No issues if your Odoo server has internet access.
3. I see you use cups as printer server. How does this work on odoo.sh Do we have to make a vpn connection between odoo.sh and the warehouse?
No need to make VPN connection. You will just need to install special PrintNode Client on any local machine in your network with printers. CUPS will be needed only if this machine will be linux based.
If the system downloads reports instead of printing them, please check that the "Print via PrintNode" checkbox has been ticked:
- 1.2.2 (2022-04-29)
- Convert print job ID to text (to provide compatibility with 64 bits PrintNode IDs)
- When direct-printing via Print menu, there is popup message informing user about successful printing. Now this message can be disabled via Settings.
- Fixed issue with wrong Delivery Slip printing, after backorder creation.
- Make Printer non-required in "Print action buttons" menu. If not defined, than printer will be selected based on user or company printer setting.
- Added Support for Odoo Enterprise Barcode Interface. Now it is compatible with "Print action buttons" menu.
- "Print action buttons" menu now allows to select filter for records, where reports should be auto-printed. E.g. Print Delivery Slip only for Pickings of Type = Delivery Order.
- Added Support for automatic/manual printing of Shipping Labels. Supporting all Odoo Enterprise included Delivery Carries (FedEx, USPS, UPS, bpost and etc.). Also Supporting all custom carrier integration modules that are written according to Odoo Standards.
- Initial version providing robust integration of Odoo with PrintNode for automatic printing.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.