Product Screeningby Odoo Tools
|License||See License tab|
|Read description for||v 10.0 v 9.0 v 8.0|
|License||See License tab|
|Read description for||v 10.0 v 9.0 v 8.0|
When you create a quotation, you face serious troubles to pick up products. Quick Odoo search results are too big to make a decision. Advanced Odoo search leads to zero results, and it is uncomfortable due to slowdowns and oversaturated interfaces. This app is the only solution to your problems. Product Screening is the fastest salesperson tool to easily find and select products to quotations among broad list of goods. In case you have more than hundred of products, this tool is for you
The tool is compatible with both Odoo Enterprise and Odoo Community.
- Push the button 'Select products' on a quotation header to start screening. The button is available until an order is confirmed
- Only viable product fields and product attributes are included into the search by your own. Observe the 'Simple configuration' section
- As soon as you enter a new criteria, all many2one fields and product attributes would not let you choose values which lead to zero results. It significantly increases salesperson comfortability and speed of selection
- You can see the number of found products in a real time on the special 'Show' button
- As soon the search leads to a few feasible results, just push 'Show' and find products in a temporary results' table (the tab 'Found products'). Select any and press 'Add' to add it to the final products' table (the tab 'To add'), or firstly observe accessories and alternatives
- Search products as many times as you need to, define required quantity, then add them all to a quotation at once
- Clear all filters with a single button "Reset" click, and start the search from scratch. The table 'To add' would not be cleared
- Right in the found products table: learn an individual customer price with all discounts according to a pricelist
- Right in the found products table: be aware of a real product cost to make explanations if necessary
- Click on a line of found products to observe all possible descriptions (internal, sale and purchase) to answer possible questions
- Click on a line of found products to learn who supplies a product
- Already chosen goods are marked blue in new searches
- Make sure you have enough stocks in a proper warehouse or location. This is the extra feature provided by the app 'Stocks by locations'. It should be installed in case you use Odoo WMS.
- The Screening if fully optimized using SQL operators in order to avoid slowdowns. It is in dozens times faster then standard Odoo tree view search
- Results are not shown each time you enter criteria to avoid picturing slowdowns. Simultaneously you might see the number of found products on the button 'Show'
- Search filters of attributes and many2one fields are restricted according to the previously chosen filters. It let you select only feasible options.
The search is tested on 30,000 SKUs, and provides results in seconds.
- Have you found a required product? Time to earn a little through adding a few accessories. Push the button to offer your customers nice supplements in a click. All chosen accessories would be added to sale lines
- Besides, why not to sell a product with a higher margin? Push "Alternatives" to offer one among existing substitutes.
- If you don't require the upsell features, just turn them off in the app's settings.
- Salespersons consult consumers by phone and prepare a sales order according to clients' immediate choices
- You have really broad range of products with custom parameters of high importance. Decrease returns by delivering proper goods!
- You have a lot of attributes and you need search among variants, not among templates
- Salespersons make professional quotations with multiple lines and individual conditions
- You are just fed up with wasting time on searching products
- As a filter you may add any product attribute. Just put the flag 'Sale Selection'. See the sales settings, the menu 'Product categories and attributes' > 'Attributes'. Attributes appear in the search wizard in the same order as they are there
- Assign any product fields for the Screening. See the sales settings, the menu 'Product categories and attributes' > 'Product fields' (do not forget to put 'Sale Selection'). Order of parameters are shown according to the 'Sequence' field. All fields of the following types are available for options (including custom ones):
- Boolean, Selection, Many2one fields. '=' and '!=' operators are of use. For many2one: '=' supports hierarchy. So when, you are searching for a category, all products of this category and of its child categories are found
- Integer, Float, Date and Datetime fields. '=', '!=', '<', '>' operators work.
- Char fields. Use the operators '=', '!=' and 'ilike'. The latter one let you find similar names
- Change attributes and fields of the Screening as soon as you decided. Just few clicks!
- Sales manager is allowed to make configurations. No technical knowledge is needed
OdooTools is the team of developers and business analysts to help you extend Odoo potential. We have been communicating with end users to whom the software became the main business tool since 2012. As a result, we are proud of dozens of successful Odoo apps developed. We are open for new ideas and challenges to create the best Odoo tools for business needs all over the world.
This tool has been developed in cooperation with IT Libertas - one of the leading Odoo integrators in Russia.
- Product Screening restricts search for 'active' and 'sale_ok' goods
- In order the wizard view is updated, create a new field or a new attribute
- Make sure users have an access to the Odoo sale settings in order to configure fields and attributes as search filters
- Entering the very first filter is the slowest, since it has to search over all Odoo products. That's why the optimal strategy is to fill/clear filters one by one gradually limiting a search scope. The app relies upon SQL requests: we think it is the fastest possible way
Make sure you have installed: * the core module 'product_selection_wizard' (published in the Odoo official store) * the module 'product_accessories_and_alternatives' (published in the Odoo official store) * the module 'page_dynamic_values' (published in the Odoo official store) * surely, the basic Odoo apps 'sale' & 'product'
- Currently it is impossible to use the same field twice. For float and integer fields it is planned to introduce the operator 'between' for that case
- Selection fields are not restricted based on the previous choices. Only many2one and product attributes criteria
- We consider searching by inclusion into one2many & many2many fields, but we are not sure it makes sense. The same is for full-text searches
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.