Purchase Management (purchase)
• Inventory Management (stock)
• Invoicing (account)
Purchase Blanket Orders
A purchase blanket order is a pre-agreement to purchase a certain number of quantities of products at a specific price. From a confirmed blanket order, the users can create new purchase orders at such price, until the blanket order expires due to reaching the validity date.
Table of contents
A new menu in the Purchase area is created, allowing users to create new blanket orders.
To create a new Purchase Blanket Order go to the purchase menu in the Purchase section:
Hitting the button create will open the form view in which we can introduce the following information:
- Payment Terms
- Ordering and Validity dates
- Order lines:
- Accorded price
- Original, Ordered, Invoiced, Received and Remaining quantities
- Terms and Conditions of the Blanket Order
From the form, once the Blanket Order has been confirmed and its state is open, the user can create a Purchase Order, check the Purchase Orders associated to the Blanket Order and/or see the Blanket Order lines associated to the BO.
Hitting the button Create Purchase Order will open a wizard that will ask for the amount of each product in the BO lines for which the Purchase Order will be created.
Installing this module will add an additional menu which will show all the blanket order lines currently defined in the system. From this list the user can create customized Purchase Orders selecting the lines for which the PO (or POs if the vendors are different) is (are) created.
In the Purchase Order form one field is added in the PO lines, the Blanket Order line field. This field keeps track to which Blanket Order line the PO line is associated. Upon adding a new product in a newly created Purchase Order a blanket order line will be suggested depending on the following factors:
- Closer Validity date
- Remaining quantity > Quantity introduced in the Purchase Order line
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/purchase-workflow project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.