Field Service Location Builder
With the Field Service App, building out a site like an apartment complex with multiple buildings, floors, units can become cumbersome and tedious to build all the records. Even building an importable spreadsheet can be tedious to build, and new users will struggle with this.
This module is for organizations that needs to create the locations structure (~100 sub-locations) of a new site in less than a minute. It provides a wizard on a location that will assist in building the sub-location hierarchy.
Table of contents
- Go to Field Service > Master Data > Locations
- Select or create a location
- In the Action menu, run the Sub-Locations Builder
- Add 4 levels with:
- Level 1: Building, - , 1, 2
- Level 2: Floor, - , 1, 2
- Level 3: Unit, - , 1, 2
- Level 4: Room, - , 1, 2
- Running the wizard should result in the following sub-locations structure:
Building - 1 * Floor - 1 * Unit - 1 * Room - 1 * Room - 2 * Unit - 2 * Room - 1 * Room - 2 * Floor - 2 * Unit - 1 * Room - 1 * Room - 2 * Unit - 2 * Room - 1 * Room - 2 Building - 2 * Floor - 1 * Unit - 1 * Room - 1 * Room - 2 * Unit - 2 * Room - 1 * Room - 2 * Floor - 2 * Unit - 1 * Room - 1 * Room - 2 * Unit - 2 * Room - 1 * Room - 2
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/field-service project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.