Employee time clockby Bytebrand Outsourcing AG https://www.bytebrand.net
• Project (project)
• Leaves (hr_holidays)
|Also available in version||v 12.0 v 11.0 v 9.0 v 8.0 v 10.0|
Employee Time Clock
Tracking employees' over- and undertime with ease
by Bytebrand Outsourcing AG
Once you install the module, you'll see addional tab on the emloyees' timesheet pages called Overtime Analysis. On this tab you can observe:
- Employee's "duty hours" which represent how much time one should spend working per day
- Duty hours are assigned to employee based on his contract/schedule, which should be defined in Odoo
- Time spent in the office (calcucalted based on the check in/out records)
- Saldo time per day
- Running over/under-time
Includes iPhone/iPad apps for signing in and leave requests!
- Calculates "duty hours" based on individual employee contracts
- Allows to import public holidays from a CSV/XLS files
- Includes two iOS apps:
- one for employees to sign in/out, track their over- and undertimes, request leaves
- and another for you to use as a sign in terminal at your company's entrance
How it works
The module adds a new data type called duty hours, which is the baseline for all calcualtions. Duty hours are calculated based on the time schedule assigned to an employee/contract and therefore can be configured on a daily basis. Whenever an employee gets an approved leave, duty hours for those days are set to 0.
Once you have a time schedule set up for an employee, his working hours are tracked using sign in/out timestamps. Each employee can use one of these methods to sign in/out:
- Sign in/out to your Odoo instance
- Sign in/out from our iPhone app
- Sign in/out at the company's entrance using our QR code scanning iPhone/iPad app (see below)
Odoo Time Clock (iPad & iPhone)
Allows employees to sign in to Odoo using a simple QR code, printed on a card
- Allows to sign in to Odoo using personal QR code
- Displays company-wide announcement upon sign in if defined
- Allows to order lunch (if Lunch module installed) upon sign in
- Free for up to 3 users
How to make a QR code
To allow employees use your sign in system you'd need to:
- export employee IDs;
- convert IDs into QR codes;
- print out QR codes and hand them out to your employees.
Export employee IDs
Follow below steps to export each employees' ID.
- Open Odoo's Employees page and switch to the list view.
- Select all employees and press Action -> Export
- Select Export all data and pick info fields that you want to put on the sticker with QR code
- Important: make sure you also picked ID field, because it is used to generate QR codes
- Select desired export format (doesn't make big difference), press Export and save the file on your PC
Convert IDs into QR codes
Online HERMA tool will allow you to import employees' information that we exported in the previous step and generate a printable PDF with everything, including QR codes. We made a quick video tutorial for you, check it out!
Let's go through creating stickers with QR codes step-by-step.
- Go to HERMA tool using the link above
- Select any preferrable design template (we will go with the Address labels, design 10)
- Remove unneeded labels by selecting them and hitting Delete
- Click on the Mail merge button and upload previously exported file
- Now select needed fields and press Add fields
- Now select "Set up barcode/QR code" checkbox and press the little QR code button next to the ID field to add a QR code
- That's it, press Finish up and continue and Print preview
After above steps HERMA will generate same stickers per each employee in your CSV/XLS file automatically and you don't need to repeat the same procedure for each employee. You will be offered to download the generated PDF which later can be printed on the sticker paper.
If you wish, you can use any other online tool for making QR codes, like The QR Code Generator. But note, that QR code should have an employee ID encoded in a text format!
Setting up Odoo to work with QR codes
Before you give the QR codes to your employees make sure you have created a Timesheet for each of them for the upcoming days. You can do so by navigating to Attendances - My current attendance sheet where you can select attendance sheet date range and an employee, whom this sheet will be assgined to. Once the timesheets are created, you will have to connect Odoo Time Clock iOS app to your Odoo server.
Open the app and enter your Odoo server information, press Connect and select needed database from the list. That's it, if timesheets were created and QR codes generated correctly, you will be able to sign in with QR code and see the greetings mesasge.
If odoo module Lunch is installed and lunch items are defined, they are shown after each sign in and a user is allowed to choose his preference. The app can operate in "Lunch order" only mode. App settings:
- Define which categories have to be shown
- Lunch only mode: no sign in/out will be recorded. This is useful e.g. for coffee consummation book keeping.
- You can define if the lunch screen only has to be shown for one order per day or of after each sign in.
Company info message
A company wide information message can be defined as a calender entry, tagged with "Station". The message will be shown for the entry period. The calender entry has to be created with the same user which is used for signing in to the app.
The app checks your calendar every 5 minutes, thus you might need to wait a little bit until next employee sees it upon signing in. Your company logo, if available, is displayed as well.
Odoo HR (iPhone)
App for signing in/out, tracking personal over- and undertime, requesting leaves
Sign in/out history
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.