Picking and Reservation Strategyby VentorTech https://ventor.tech/
• Invoicing (account)
• Inventory (stock)
Ventor Base (141 lines of code)
|Lines of code||427|
|Also available in version||v 13.0 v 11.0|
Picking and Reservation Strategy
TO AVOID ANY ISSUES, PLEASE, USE ALWAYS LATEST VERSION FROM OUR GITHUB REPOSITORY - https://github.com/ventor-tech/merp/tree/13.0
The app allows creating optimal picking routes in your warehouse and process picking orders and batches in an optimal way. Additionally, you can change reservation priority and make reservations in the way you want, without following FIFO/LIFO methods. Pickers get the shortest pathway, save picking time, and reduce extra walking around the warehouse.
- All products inside outgoing shipments are reserved from locations according to the removal priority field. That means you define locations from where Odoo will reserve products for delivery orders (*for Odoo 12 and higher)
- All products inside outgoing shipments are sorted according to the removal priority field. That means all product lines inside delivery orders are sorted by the optimal route to pick products from the start location to the destination
- Works with both Odoo Community and Enterprise (self-hosted or odoo.sh)
- Fully supportable by the Ventor app to guide pickers through an optimal route
Sort pack operations in picking depending on selected strategy (see list below) and order (ascending or descending):
- sort by source locations name
- sort by location removal strategy priority
- sort by product name
where removal strategy priority is an integer value that should be used to define order (priority) of warehouse locations.
Sorted list of pack operations could now be found on a new tab 'To Process' on picking form.
Please, install the merp_picking_wave module to sort pack operations in picking waves as well.
Sort quants to be reserved depending on selected rule (see list below) in addition to standard FIFO/LIFO/FEFO rules:
- outgoing routing (see above): by location name and removal strategy priority
- by quantity: first reverse quants in location that contain a sufficient amount of product (and higher priority according to outgoing routing settings)
- or default (out-of-the-box) strategy
Thus, the module allows users to calculate the most effective route (based on your settings) to collect all ordered products from the entire warehouse to save your time.
Sorts list of pack operations in picking report in accordance with available strategies.
DOWNLOAD VENTOR APP - https://ventor.appVISIT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
The routing feature was designed to work only with the "Ventor" application that can be downloaded from:
- https://ventor.app website - website - the version obtained from here is suitable for all types of organizations
- Google Play - perfect for one-man-company, not possible to customize the app on demand - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xpansa.merp.warehouse
Custom reservation works independently from the "Ventor" mobile app. (*the feature available for Odoo 12 and higher)
"Ventor" works both on regular mobile phones with Android 4.1+ and with professional barcode scanners. VentorTech (https://ventor.tech/) is a company specialized in building Personalized Inventory and Product Management Systems. For all questions contact email@example.com.
Please read our detailed guide about optimal picking routes in your warehouse here - https://ventor.tech/warehouse-management/how-to-build-picking-routes-in-your-warehouse-for-walking-minimization/
Read also Picking and Packing optimization guide - https://ventor.tech/mobile/pick-more-walk-less-full-picking-and-packing-optimization-in-odoo/
Quick configuration guide
- Install the Ventor Outgoing routing module on your Odoo server (and all dependencies)
- Assign removal priority (sequence) for each location. You can do it manually or import a .csv file
- Go to Settings > Ventor/mERP. Set up needed Picking strategy and Reservation strategy
*Reservation strategy available for Odoo 12 and higher
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.