Product Management Interfaceby Odoo Tools
This is the product management tool aims to improve catalogue administration and to simplify implementation of changes. The app introduces the innovative interface to search, to analyse, to select, and to mass edit Odoo product templates. The tool consists of the core module and four extra optional add-ons:
- Product Management Interface - the core app. It might be used stand-alone as a system to find, pick up, and update basic product fields. The price is 92 Euro
- Product Management Interface: e-Commerce - the optional module, which introduces mass products actions to change E-shop related attributes. The features assumed by this add-on are marked by the icon . The price is 10 Euro
- Product Management Interface: Warehouse - the optional module to update in batch warehouse characteristics of product templates. The features assumed by this add-on are marked by the icon . The price is 10 Euro
- Product Management Interface: Accounting - the optional module to manage accounting traits of products in bulk. The features assumed by this add-on are marked by the icon . The price is 10 Euro
- Product Management Interface: Purchases - the optional module offering mass actions on purchase columns of products. The features assumed by this add-on are marked by the icon . The price is 10 Euro
The tool is compatible with both Odoo Enterprise and Odoo Community.
- Archive products in bulk
- Restore selected products which have been previously archived
- Change product category of all selected items
- Add / remove an attribute value to all found templates
- Export chosen items (the setting 'Export products' should be turned on)
- Mass edit product type (consumable, service, storable)
- Publish or unpublish products in batch
- Update products to be saleable / not saleable
- Update products to be purchasable / not purchasable
- Add / remove public E-shop categories of selected templates
- Add / remove products' alternatives
- Add / remove products' accessories
- Assign a new vendor to product templates in bulk and make this supplier the most prioritized
- Add / remove logistic routes
- Modify invoice policy ('Ordered quantities', 'Delivered quantities')
- Duplicate a few product templates simultaneously
- Add / remove customer taxes
- Add / remove vendor taxes
- Subscribe to / unsubscribe from products' discussions
- Add / remove templates' followers
- Add / remove optional products
- Update purchase method ('On ordered quantities', 'On received quantities')
- Update tracking method
- Change price difference account
- Change income account of products
- Change expense account of templates
- Change inventory location
- Change production location
Beside the list above you can also prepare your own mass actions. Look at the configuration tab.
Mass actionsBulk actions for products templates are based on Odoo server actions. It means that you can prepare your own custom mass editing operations. Take into account the following peculiarities:
- As the model always use 'Product Template'. Otherwise you action would not be displayed in the list of operations
- In case you want to return a wizard, such a wizard should not have a footer (only standard buttons) and should have an explicitly specified view_id. Look for examples in any module of the Product Management Bundle
Installation TipsIn order the widget works correctly, re-start Odoo server. If you faced the error 'Qweb2: Template is not found': restart Odoo server > refresh the page (Ctrl+Shift+R)
OdooTools is the team of developers and business analysts to help you extend Odoo potential. We have been communicating with end users to whom the software became the main business tool since 2012. As a result, we are proud of dozens of successful Odoo apps developed. We are open for new ideas and challenges to create the best Odoo tools for business needs all over the world.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
Works excellent after latest updates
After recent updates the tool became very good and convenient. With new feature to add own chosen fields it allows us to manage our product very efficiently. Thanks!
This module earned itself back in the first day, a must have when working with lots of products. A minor issue with product attributes was solved within 12h, great service. I would be nice to be able to filter products in the left pane on e-commerce categories and standard categories. It can be confusing that when selecting products they are always added to the selected products list until the list is cleared manually. It would be nice if there was a setting to block this behavior and the list was cleared with every new filtering.
I find it quite nice module for product management. After the enhancement of not requiring to click exactly on the checkbox it became convenient and fast to use for standard intended functions. Thanks guys! One suggestion for improvement though: a possibility to choose on the fly what fields of product template are shown in the tiles would be really helpful. In such way you would be able to see if the fields of your interest need updating when you are managing the products. When seeing such big tiles I was kind of expecting such functionality to be included and bought the module with this kind of assumption and expectation. Currently you are editing the fields blindly. Such fields selection could be another section on the left pane below the attributes. This feature would make it a really powerful products management tool.
Re: Edward Terry
Hello Edward, the app let you export manually selected products. It is possible to select products in batch after filtering. As for import: the app doesn't have such features. However, if you had some ideas how it should be done from a user perspective, we would be glad to consider those ideas. Please write to us on this form - https://odootools.com/my/tickets/newticket?&x_custom_1=x_option_88&x_custom_2=x_option_2&url_type_id=2
Almost exactly what I need...
If this had the ability to schedule imports/exports that would be perfect for what I need. Do any of your apps have that functionality?