This module was written to extend the functionality of the reporting engine to support XML reports and allow modules to generate them by code or by QWeb templates.
Table of contents
To install this module, you need to:
But this module does nothing for the end user by itself, so if you have it installed it’s probably because there is another module that depends on it.
This module is intended as a base engine for other modules to use it, so no direct result if you are a user.
To learn from an example, just check the sample module.
To develop with this module, you need to:
- Create a module.
- Make it depend on this one.
- Follow instructions to create reports having in mind that the report_type field in your ir.actions.report.xml record must be qweb-xml.
In case you want to create a custom report, the instructions remain the same as for HTML reports, and the method that you must override is also called _get_report_values, even when this time you are creating a XML report.
You can make your custom report inherit report_xml.xsd_checked_report, name it like your XML <template> id prepended by report., add a xsd() method that returns a XSD in a string, and have XSD automatic checking for free.
You can visit http://<server-address>/report/xml/<module.report_name>/<ids> to see your XML report online as a web page.
For further information, please visit:
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Icon taken from http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Text-xml.svg
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/reporting-engine project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.
Blank lines for if conditions and loops in xml
Hi, Am using this module and in the output files there are blanks lines in xml for the if and for statements