# Robust Mails
This module is used to improve email deliverability and make sure that replies find their way to the correct thread in Odoo.
- Force the From and Reply-To addresses of outgoing email
- Generate a thread-specific Reply-To address for outgoing emails so that losing the headers used to identify the correct thread won't be a problem any more.
To make the automatic bounce message work when using thread-specific Reply-To addresses, you should define the actual catchall alias in a system parameter called mail.catchall.alias.custom and change the mail.catchall.alias to something completely random that will never be used, or alternatively remove it.
The reason is this: when Odoo is looking for a route for an incoming email that has lost its headers, it won't check whether the email was sent to email@example.com but instead it will see if the local part of that address contains the word catchall. And this isn't a good thing when the address is something like firstname.lastname@example.org. That's why we had to skip the default catchall evaluation and redo it in a later phase.
## Database-specific Settings
### Decode and decrypt a message id
`python from odoo.addons.email_headers.models.mail import decode_msg_id decode_msg_id(<encrypted and base32/64 encoded message database id>, self.env) `
### Encrypt and encode a message id
`python from odoo.addons.email_headers.models.mail import encode_msg_id encode_msg_id(<message database id>, self.env) `
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.