S3 backing upby IT-Projects LLC https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/14.0/odoo_backup_sh/
|Lines of code||2830|
|License||See License tab|
|Also available in version||v 14.0 v 12.0 v 11.0|
S3 backing up
Yet another backup tool, but with sexy graphs
Tested and maintained by
IT Projects Labs
- Convenience: Smart rotation, Schedule, Graphs
- Security: Backup encryption
- Affordable price: attractive tariffs
Smart rotation vs. Normal rotation
With the same amount of space,
We keep a more interesting data set
Normal: last 10 backups for 10 days
Smart: last 7 backups for 7 days & 3 backups for last 3 weeks
Set a schedule according to your needs
Morning, before office hours, afternoon, after office hours
Every two hours
At night only
On sunday only
Look out for changes than deal with the consequences
Backup size did not adequately increased
Current backup configuration did not failed
Keep your data safe and sleep well
Specify a password to protect data in backup files produced by the backup job and take a control over your personal information
Export and download your data in one click
If Backup is encrypted you can extract it using gpg utility.
S3 Backing up
Install a Python wrapper for GnuPG
pip install pretty-bad-protocol
Install Amazon Web Services (AWS) SDK for Python
pip install boto3
Install this module in a usual way
- Create S3 bucket and setup credentials for it
- Go to your Odoo
- Open the menu [[ Backups ]] >> Settings
- Set following fields:
- S3 Bucket
- Path, e.g. odoo-backups. Note that the folder must exist. Keep empty to save backups directly to the root folder
- Access Key ID
- Secret Access Key
Backup Schedule and rotation
To setup backups do as following:
Open the menu [[ Backups ]] >> Dashboard.
Click on the [Add Database] button in the dashboard header.
Database: select one of your databases
Encrypt your backup if you need, but do not forget the password
Scheduled Auto Backups
- Interval type an inteval value and select a unit of measure. Example: make backups every 1 day.
- Next Execution Date: It shows next planned auto backup date. You can correct this. Example: make every day at night time.
Auto Rotation: If you have set up the auto backup, you can specify how many backups to preserve for certain time frames.
Example: The module makes auto backup your database every night. You want to preserve 2 daily backups and 1 weekly only. Then
- Set up Daily and Weekly rotation options as Limited and put the numbers in limit fields.
- All other options mark as Disabled.
After all required fields will be filled, click on the [Save] button.
- Configure Backup Schedule as described above
- Open the menu [[ Backups ]] >> Dashboard
- Click on [Make Backup now]
RESULT: Backup is created. Note, that the manual backup creation may take some time before being ready.
Downloading backups to computer
- Be sure that you have Backup: Manager access level
- Open [[ Backups ]] >> Backups menu
- Click on needed Backup from the list
- Click on Download button and wait until download completes
RESULT: Backup is downloaded.
If Backup is encrypted (it has .enc extension), extract it using gpg utility. For example:
gpg --output OUTPUT_FILENAME.zip --decrypt INPUT_FILENAME.zip.enc
Type the password when it will be prompted
- Open the menu [[ Backups ]] >> Dashboard
RESULT: You can see the main Graph with the general statistics of all your backups are stored on a remote server.
The MIT License (MIT) Copyright 2020 IT-Projects Labs Copyright 2015-2020 IT-Projects LLC Copyright 2014-2015 Ivan Yelizariev Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.
Easy and Free
Easy and Free backup solution for odoo. But can't edit the backup settings for the database anymore once you've created. It would be great if you can fix that.
Re: Easy and Free
Hello and thanks for your feedback!
In fact, you can change the backup settings for the database in the module. If you need consulting on setting up this module or on our other free modules, you can write to us by e-mail: email@example.com