Partner first name and last nameby Camptocamp https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact , Grupo ESOC Ingeniería de Servicios https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact , Tecnativa https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact , LasLabs https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact , ACSONE SA/NV https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact
|Also available in version||v 7.0 v 8.0 v 12.0 v 11.0 v 10.0 v 9.0|
Partner first name and last name
This module was written to extend the functionality of contacts to support having separate last name and first name.
Table of contents
You can configure some common name patterns for the inverse function in Settings > General settings:
- Lastname Firstname: For example ‘Anderson Robert’
- Lastname, Firstname: For example ‘Anderson, Robert’
- Firstname Lastname: For example ‘Robert Anderson’
After applying the changes, you can recalculate all partners name clicking “Recalculate names” button. Note: This process could take so much time depending how many partners there are in database.
You can use _get_inverse_name method to get lastname and firstname from a simple string and also _get_computed_name to get a name form the lastname and firstname. These methods can be overridden to change the format specified above.
The field name becomes a stored function field concatenating the last name and the first name. This avoids breaking compatibility with other modules.
Users should fulfill manually the separate fields for last name and first name, but in case you edit just the name field in some unexpected module, there is an inverse function that tries to split that automatically. It assumes that you write the name in format configured (“Lastname Firstname”, by default), but it could lead to wrong splitting (because it’s just blindly trying to guess what you meant), so you better specify it manually.
For the same reason, after installing, previous names for contacts will stay in the name field, and the first time you edit any of them you will be asked to supply the last name and first name (just once per contact).
Patterns for the inverse function are configurable only at system level. Maybe this configuration could depend on partner language, country or company, as discussed at this OCA issue
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Nicolas Bessi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Yannick Vaucher <email@example.com>
- Vincent Renaville <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Guewen Baconnier <email@example.com>
- Holger Brunn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Jonathan Nemry <email@example.com>
- Olivier Laurent <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sandy Carter <email@example.com>
- Alexis de Lattre <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Lorenzo Battistini <email@example.com>
- Hans Henrik Gabelgaard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Jairo Llopis <email@example.com>
- Adrien Peiffer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Ronald Portier <email@example.com>
- Sylvain Van Hoof
- Pedro Baeza <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Dave Lasley <email@example.com>
- Graeme Gellatly <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Laurent Mignon <email@example.com>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/partner-contact project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.