Paypal - Unsupported Currency Supportby T.V.T Marine Automation (aka TVTMA) https://www.tvtmarine.com
|Also available in version||v 13.0 v 12.0|
Paypal supports a limited number of currencies that causes problems when your customer pays their invoice in a currency that does not supported by Paypal.
Here is the list of currencies that supported by Paypal: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/reference/currency-codes/
What this module does
When customer carries out payment in a currency that is not supported by PayPal, this module will convert the payment amount into an amount in a currency (which is configurable) that is supported by Paypal before sending the payment data to Paypal.
During payment processing and payment notification, this module ensures that the converted amount is equivalent to the original one for full reconciliation.
During reconciliation, the difference due to exchange rate will be encoded into the exchange rate journal
- Assume that
- Company currency is VND (Vietnam Dong - đ), which is not a currency supported by Paypal
- Invoice INV/2019/0001 is amounted 2,000,010đ (in VND)
- The Paypal acquired is configured with USD as the default currency for conversion this case
- Exchange rate between VND/USD: 23,100
- Payment processing
- Convert VND to USD: 2,000,010 / 23,100 = 86.580519481, and will be rounded into 86.58
- Request Paypal to process payment for the $86.58
- After processing, Paypal notifies Odoo with success processing of the amount of $86.58.
- Odoo verifies this amount and generate a payment of $86.58 and posted with value of $86.58 * 23,100 = 1,999,998đ
- During reconciliation, the difference of 12đ (between 1,999,998đ and 2,000,010đ) will be encoded into the exchange rate different. The corresponding invoice will be set to paid.
- Community Edition
- Enterprise Edition
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.