Control access to Appsby IT-Projects LLC https://twitter.com/OdooFree , Ivan Yelizariev https://twitter.com/OdooFree
|Lines of code||281|
|Also available in version||v 13.0 v 8.0 v 12.0 v 11.0 v 9.0 v 10.0|
Control access to Apps
Allows to configure administrators which don't have access to Apps.
Adds Apps access selection in user's access rights tab. Two options are available:
- Allow installing apps
- Allow installing apps only from settings
To get an assistance on this module contact us by email :arrow_right: email@example.com
- Ivan Yelizariev
- Ildar Nasyrov
Tested on Odoo 14.0
Control access to Apps
- Install this module in a usual way
After the installation of this module by default no one has access to installing modules. To control such permission follow the steps below.
- Open menu [[ Settings ]] >> Users & Companies >> Users, select the user you want to grant the access to
- On Access Rights tab, Other settings group there is an Apps access security category
- Select Allow installing apps - to allow apps installation from everywhere
- Select Allow installing apps only from settings - to allow apps installation only from other module's Configuration >> Settings menu, there is no [[ Apps ]] menu available
- Select blank line - to restrict application installation
- Be sure that you don't test the functionality under the Administrator (superuser with id=1) user - he is immune to any access restriction except of hiding menus or buttons in UI
- If you don't select anything in Apps access: there is no [[ Apps ]] menu - even if your user is in Administration: Settings security group. Also note that you have no ability to include yourself in groups allowing to installing apps - this is what access_restricted module does (access_apps depends on it)
- If you have Allow installing apps selected: there is [[ Apps ]] menu
- If you have Allow installing apps only from settings: from other module's Configuration >> Settings menu, e.g. from [[ Website ]] >> Configuration >> Settings see that you have the ability to check the Digital Content checkbox that actually installs the website_sale_digital module after clicking on [Apply] button.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.