MIS Builder Budgetby ACSONE SA/NV https://github.com/OCA/mis-builder , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/mis-builder
|Lines of code||5918|
|Also available in version||v 13.0 v 11.0 v 12.0 v 9.0 v 10.0|
MIS Builder Budget
Create budgets for MIS reports.
This module lets you create budgets for any MIS report. Several budgets can be created for a given report template (ie one budget per year). Budget figures are provided by KPI or by GL account, with different time periods. A budget can then be selected as a data source for a MIS report column, and the report will show the budgeted values for each KPI, adjusted for the period of the column.
Table of contents
- Known issues / Roadmap
- Bug Tracker
There are two ways to use this module: create budgets by KPI or budgets by GL accounts. Currently, the two methods cannot be combined in the same budget.
Budget by KPIs
To use this this mode, you first need to flag at least some KPI in a MIS report to be budgetable. You also need to configure the accumulation method on the KPI according to their type.
The accumulation method determines how budgeted values spanning over a time period are transformed to match the reporting period.
- Sum: values of shorter period are added, values of longest or partially overlapping periods are adjusted pro-rata temporis (eg monetary amount such as revenue).
- Average: values of included period are averaged with a pro-rata temporis weight. Typically used for values that do not accumulate over time (eg a number of employees).
When KPI are configured, you need to create a budget, using the MIS Budget (by KPIs) menu, then click on the budget items button to create or import the budgeted amounts for all your KPI and time periods.
Budget by GL accounts
You can also create budgets by GL accounts. In this case, the budget is populated with one line per GL account (and optionally analytic account and/or tags) and time period.
Add budget columns to report instances
Finally, a column (aka period) must be added to a MIS report instance, selecting your newly created budget as a data source. The data will be adjusted to the reporting period when displayed. Columns can be compared by adding a column of type “comparison” or “sum”.
The mis_builder roadmap and known issues can be found on GitHub.
- Fix incorrect budget by account multi company security rules. (#347)
- Budget by GL account: allow budgeting by GL account in addition to the existing mechanism to budget by KPI. Budget items have a begin and end date, and when reporting a pro-rata temporis adjustment is made to match the reporting period. (#259)
Migration to odoo 13.0.
- Consider analytic tags too when detecting overlapping budget items. Previously only analytic account was considered, and this overlap detection mechanism was overlooked when analytic tags were added to budget items. (#241)
- Support analytic filters. (#15)
- [IMP] Support analytic tags in budget items (#100)
- [FIX] #NAME error in out-of-order computation of non budgetable items in budget columns (#68)
Migration to Odoo 11. No new feature. (#67)
- [ADD] multi-company record rule for MIS Budgets (#27)
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/mis-builder project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.