Easily export customer and vendor invoices from Odoo and import them in Expert/M
From the customer invoices list and vendor invoices list view you can make a selection of invoices.
Via the "Action" button you can select the "Export to Expert/M" function.
The result is a single XML file that contains the invoice and customer/vendor data required by Expert/M. When the file is imported in Expert/M, it will only create a new customer or vendor in Expert/M if the customer or vendor didn't exist yet. You can repeat this export action as many as you want.
The generated export file has been tested with Expert/M version 17 and version 18.
When importing the generated XML file in Expert/M, ensure that the accountant selects to import invoices AND customers/vendors. Otherwise the accountant will receive an error message saying that the customer or vendor doesn't exist.
- Ask if the VAT reporting if monthly or three-monthly
- Request the start month of the fiscal year
- Request a list of all the Accounts (account.account) that are currenlty being used by the accountant
- Request a list of all the Customers and Vendors known by the accountant (this list should contain an Expert/M-customer-ID and Expert/M-vendor-ID)
- Request the IDs of the journals
Customer and Vendor Configuration
Two new parameters "Expert/M Customer ID" and "Expert/M Vendor ID" have been added to the contact form on the 'Accounting' tab. Import or set this parameter for the existing contacts based on the information you've received from the accountant.
If no number is filled in, a new unique number will be automatically generated starting at 100 001 (Can be configured in the Expert/M settings.)
Each tax should get a corresponding 'Expert/M Tax Mapping'.
- for the tax "21% S.", the value of the field 'Expert/M Tax Mapping' should be "21%"
- for the tax "6%", the value of the field 'Expert/M Tax Mapping' should be "6%"
Each tax should get a corresponding 'Expert/M Purchase Ventil'.
- for the tax "21% S.", the value of the field 'Expert/M Purchase Ventil' should be "Binnenland"
- for the tax "21% EU S.", the value of the field 'Expert/M Tax Mapping' should be "ICV Diensten B2B"
When an invoice is exported, the export will contain the journal entries of the invoice. Each journal item will encapsulate a 'Ventil code' which is required by Expert/M.
That's why you need to configure for each account that can be used in an invoice the 'Ventil Code' should be exported: For the 7000-accounts we advice you to set the value of the "Expert/M Tax Mapping" field to "Defined by tax". A specfic ventil code defined by the tax in the invoice line (for example 'VAT' for account 451000).
You also have to configure the Odoo accounts so that they map to an existing Export/M account. To be able to do this, this module provides an extra field 'Expert/M Account' in the form view of the accounts. If this field is empty the Odoo code of the account will be exported.
Give all the 40 and 44 accounts an "Expert/M sequence" lower than 100 (for example 90).
When an invoice is exported, the export can contain the journal ID of Expert/M. In the Journal form you will find an extra parameter "Expert/M ID" where you can define this ID.
Fiscal Year Configuration
Via the Expert/M configuration, you can define the VAT reporting period. Only if you select "Monthly" or "Three-monthly" the parameters "VATMonth" and "AccountingPeriod" will be exported. For example: for an invoice of June 2019 with March as start month of the fiscal year, the:
- VATMonth is "201906" (Monthly) or "201902" (Monthly) and
- the AccountingPeriod is "4".
Contact / Support
Do you need help or extra features?
If you need help with the configuration or extra functionalities, contact us via e-mail at email@example.com
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.