Telegram Integrationby IT Projects Labs https://t.me/sync_studio , Ilya Ilchenko https://t.me/sync_studio
|Lines of code||6975|
|Also available in version||v 13.0|
Receive and send messages via Telegram bot
Tested and maintained by
IT Projects Labs
- Install this module in according to Sync Studio Documentation
- Send message /newbot to @BotFather and follow further instructions to create a bot and get the bot token
- Activate Developer Mode
- Open menu [[ Settings ]] >> Technical >> Parameters >> System Parameters
- Check that parameter web.base.url is properly set and it's accessible over internet (it should not be a localhost). Also, telegram accepts https addresses only (i.e. not http)
- Open menu [[ Sync Studio ]] >> Sync Projects
- Select Telegram Integration project
- Go to Parameters tab
- Set Secrets:
- Unarchive the project
- Open Manual Triggers Tab
- Click button [Run Now] near to Setup task
- send some message to the created bot
- Open [[ Discuss ]] menu
- RESULT: there is channel with name Telegram:<TELEGRAM NAME> (the prefix can be configured in project parameter PARTNER_NAME_PREFIX)
- Open the channel and reply to message
- RESULT: the message is delivered via bot
You can continue chatting this way
File sending and receiving
The operator has the ability to send not just text messages, but also messages with attachments.
- The Telegram Bot API has a limit on the files sent through the bot:
- The operator cannot send to Telegram user more than 10 MB for photos and 50 MB for other files.
- Also, the operator cannot receive files larger than 20 MB from a Telegram user.
Subscribing telegram user to chatter
After the bot has created a record, you can also send messages to telegram user directly from the record page (Lead, Task, etc.). In order to do that, subscribe corresponding channel to the record. Use button Show Followers -> Add Channels.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.