Viber Integrationby IT Projects Labs https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/14.0/sync , Ivan Yelizariev https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/14.0/sync
|Lines of code||5991|
Receive and send messages via Viber bot
Tested and maintained by
IT Projects Labs
Create Viber bot and get Token of the bot.
Install this module in according to Sync Studio Documentation
Install python packages:
python3 -m pip install viberbot
Due to Odoo limitations, one of the following workarounds should be applied on setting up webhooks:
- either delete line that raise exception in case of type mismatching (search for Function declared as capable of handling request of type in standard Odoo code). In most cases, this workaround doesn't need to be reverted
- or open file sync/controllers/webhook.py and temporarily change type="json" to type="http"
Specific installation of queue_job
If messages from Odoo to Viber Bot haven't been sent the problem may be in the wrong queue_job installation. You should check how to install this module in its docs In particular, you need to add queue_job to server_wide_modules.
- Open menu [[ Sync Studio ]] >> Sync Projects
- Choose Viber project
- Go to Parameters tab
- Click [Edit]
- Set Parameters and Secrets:
- Click [Run Now] button in SETUP_WEBHOOK
- send some message to the created bot
- Open [[ Discuss ]] menu
- RESULT: there is new channel for the viber contact
- Open the channel and reply to message
- RESULT: the message is delivered via bot
You can continue chatting this way
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.