MRP Product Costingby OpenValue http://www.openvalue.cloud
• Inventory (stock)
• Invoicing (account)
• Purchase (purchase)
|Lines of code||3506|
|License||See License tab|
|Also available in version|
The OpenValue Product Costing module supports the decision-making process about manufacturing costs providing with all necessary costing figures.
The module is integrated in a seamless way with the OpenValue Shop Floor Control module and it enriches the OpenValue manufacturing execution solution with the product costing side.
The costing figures, calculated in real time in different manufacturing execution phases, are as follows:
· Standard Costs related to manufacturing master data structure, i.e. BoM and product master data; these are useful for engineering dpt as reference for design costs; the standard cost from product master data is reported also;
· Planned Costs calculated from components and operation in production order before executing it (frozen at production order confirmation state) to provide a reference starting point to measure production dpt efficiency;
· Actual Costs determined in real time during the manufacturing execution phase related to real components consumption and real workorders timing; variances costs are determined and posted at production order closure.
§ costing figures calculated in real time in performing the manufacturing order execution
§ accounting and analytic postings for WIP evaluation at workorder confirmation (hence, WIP account evaluated in real time and its value is detailed and provided at manufacturing order level)
§ two different cost rates for fixed and variable costs at WorkCentre level
§ actual direct costs posted in real time at workorder confirmation split in fixed and variable ones
§ delta analysis between planned costs and actual ones related to all costing figures at manufacturing order level
§ financial and analytic postings for the following variances
◦ full standard direct cost compared to full planned direct cost
◦ actual components consumption costs to the planned ones
◦ actual workorder times costs to the planned ones
• Closure of manufacturing order for financial and analytic postings related to variances costs
• Reporting (list, graph, pivot) for evaluating costing figures
§ stock evaluation as perpetual inventory for production materials (both components and semifineshed products)
§ WIP Account Set up at virtual production location level
Cost figures in Manufacturing Order
the following costing figures are calculated in real time and available in the single manufacturing order:
Production Unit Costs
◦ Component Consumption Unit Costs - based on BOM explosion selected in manufacturing order evaluated at cost unit reported in the product master data
◦ Variable Direct Unit Costs - based on operations detailed in BoM selected in manufacturing order and evaluated at Variable Cost Rate in the responsible WorkCentre
◦ Fixed Direct Unit Costs - based on start and end times in the WorkCentre Responsible to the operation in BoM evaluated at Fixed Cost Rate
◦ ByProduct Amount - based on BoM explosion selected in manufacturing order and evaluated at cost unit reported in the product master data
◦ Full Direct Cost - based on the BoM, that’s the sum of its components detailed before (byproduct amount is also taken into account as minor cost)
◦ Current Standard Cost - reported from product master data
Planned Unit Costs: as described before for the Standard ones related to both the Components and Operations detailed in Manufacturing Order and frozen at its confirmation state.
Actual Unit Costs: as described before for the Standard and Planned ones taking into account for evaluation both the actual components and by-products quantities and the actual variable and fixed times entered in workorders confirmation; the actual produced quantity is to determine the unit costs from the overall amount.
Planned Costs: overall amounts of planned costs
Actual Costs: overall amounts of actual costs
Delta Costs: derived from comparing the actuals to the planned ones
WIP Amount: calculated in real time by summing all actual direct costs
Accounting and Analytic postings
at workorder confirmation:
· all posted accounting amounts are based on actual times
· analytic account for direct cost postings: in case this is empty in the manufacturing order, this is derived from the operation WorkCentre
· accounting and analytic postings at workorder confirmation:
o accounting posting with WIP account evaluated in real time at workorder declaration
o analytic posting for collecting overall direct costs to be compared with budget amount at the end of the period for rates calculation
· accounting date determined as the workorder actual end date
· two financial accounts for variable and fixed direct costs
· analytic account is taken from manufacturing order or derived from WorkCentre
· cost figures updating in manufacturing order
at manufacturing Order Closure:
· manufacturing order cost figures updating
· accounting date determined as the actual scheduled end date
· financial and analytic postings of variances
· the WIP account balance is zero because of variances postings
At manufactuting header level, we have:
• button box for listing all accounting moves
• button box for listing all analytic moves
the “compute price from bom” feature in the product master data has been changed to fit with new product costing calculation.
The “structure & cost” report at bom level has been enhanced for taken into account fixed direct costs also.
Product Costing Reporting
New “product costing” report is available also for collecting all financial figures and to check manufacturing orders not closed yet (financial closure not yet performed)
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software. You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.