Accounting and Financial Management (account)
Financial Statements Module:
- This module adds the the following functionalities:
- Gross Profit (Income Statement) report with IFRS breakdown and compared periods
- Balance Sheet (Statement Of Financial Position) report with IFRS breakdown and compared periods
20110728: now the Income Statement can print and compare 2 periods, even if they are closed. 20110215: Migration to V6.
- The following fields have been added to account_account_type table:
- level1: used for the 1st level accounting classification (IFRS/US-GAAP compliant account types).
- level2: 2nd level accounting classification (necessary mostly for Gross Profit report in Income Statement report) .
- Other Current Assets
- Lands and Properties
- Accumulated Depreciations
- Intangible Assets
- Other Assets
- Tax Payable
- Other Current Liabilities
- current: this boolean is used to indicate current/non-current account status.
- current: has impact only in current year.
- non-current: has impact even beyond current year.
- operating: this boolean is used to indicate operating/non-operating account status.
- operating: related to core operations of the company.
- non-operating: not related to core operations of the company.
sequence: sorting field
Additional Financial Accounts setup to be done after module is implemented for correct reports.
- ACCOUNT TYPE
- Set up 'current' (default: True) flags for account only within the current period.
- Set up 'operating' (default: True) flags for account concerning usual company operations.
- Set up level 1 for correct IFRS account type split (Income/Expenses/Liabilities/assets/Equities).
- Set up level2 attributes if more split details are required.
- Set up the correct user_type (account_account_type).
- PLEASE NOTE:
- For Income Statement : the level2 attribute is used to calculate cumulative totals based on sequence numbers
- Signs on the reports are calculated based on the report_type field ("P&L / BS Category")
- An example of hierarchy is given for level 1 and level 2. Those levels can be amended in the menu Account Report Attribute.
MULTI-COMPANY REPORTING WIZARD PROCESS SUMMARY
- Choose the company and the periods for the report (Company must be a child of user's company)
- Allow to compare 2 periods.
- Allow to choose 5 custom levels for breakdown (level 1, level 2, user_type, operating and current)
- Allow to create reports with/without cumulative totals (needed anyway for Gross Profit report)
TO BE DONE
- Create a report allowing to print a Income Statement of a closed period based on the closing journal of a period.
- Create multi-company Accounting Budget and incorporate to reporting.
First Data loading is incorrect and must corrected through OpoenERP client or PGAdmin:
- the parent company is assigned by default instead of the user's company
- the existing user_type level 1 and level 2 are left without default value
Uninstall process can fail if some imported user_type are still assigned to accounts when the uninstall process is launch: so first change the user_type to a new value and launch uninstall process.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.