Attachments on S3 storageby Camptocamp https://www.camptocamp.com , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://www.camptocamp.com
Base Attachment Object Store (183 lines of code)
|Lines of code||302|
|Also available in version||v 9.0 v 11.0 v 10.0 v 8.0 v 12.0|
Attachments on S3 storage
This addon allows to store the attachments (documents and assets) on S3 or any other S3-compatible Object Storage.
Activate S3 storage:
- Create or set the system parameter with the key ir_attachment.location and the value in the form s3.
Configure accesses with environment variables:
- AWS_HOST (not required if using AWS services)
The bucket and the file key are stored in the attachment. So if you change the AWS_BUCKETNAME or the ir_attachment.location, the existing attachments will still be read on their former bucket. But as soon as they are written over or new attachments are created, they will be created on the new bucket or on the other location (db or filesystem). This is a convenient way to be able to read the production attachments on a replication (since you have the credentials) without any risk to alter the production data.
This addon must be added in the server wide addons with (--load option):
- You need to call env['ir.attachment'].force_storage() after having changed the ir_attachment.location configuration in order to migrate the existing attachments to S3.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.