OCR for documents
This module was written to make uploaded documents, for example scans, searchable by running OCR on them.
It supports all image formats Pillow supports for reading and PDFs.
To install this module, you need to:
- install tesseract and the language(s) your documents use
- if you want to support OCR on PDFs, install imagemagick
- install the module itself
On an Debian or Ubuntu system you would typically run:
$ sudo apt-get install tesseract-ocr imagemagick
To configure this module, go to:
- Settings/Technical/Parameters/System parameters and review the parameters with names document_ocr.*
By default, character recognition is done asynchronously by a cronjob at night. This is because the recognition process takes a while and you don't want to make your users wait for the indexation to finish. The interval to run the cronjob can be adjusted to your needs in the Scheduled Actions menu, under ` Settings`. In case you want to force the OCR to be done immediately, set configuration parameter document_ocr.synchronous to value True.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
The actual work
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
- Holger Brunn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Do not contact contributors directly about help with questions or problems concerning this addon, but use the community mailing list or the appropriate specialized mailinglist for help, and the bug tracker linked in Bug Tracker above for technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.