POS Default empty imageby Akretion https://www.github.com/OCA/pos , GRAP https://www.github.com/OCA/pos , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://www.github.com/OCA/pos
Point of Sale (point_of_sale)
• Sales Management (sale)
• Online Billing (account_voucher)
• Warehouse Management (stock)
|Also available in version||v 12.0 v 10.0|
POS Default Empty Image
In the point of sale, trying to load known inexistant images is a waste of time.
When you have 8000 products in your Point of Sale and most of them don't have images, you are happy to save thousands of useless requests: the POS load way faster.
Each time the pos instantiate a product, it will add an
<img src="'/web/binary/image?model=product.product&field=image_medium&id='+product.id;" />
The browser will trigger as many requests than there is different url.
If you have many products, the browser will soon reach his limit of network connections to Odoo server and will wait for free slots instead of loading other valuable contents. Then the POS is then very slow to work with.
This module adds a field _has_image_ in product.template and will change the product image url to his default placeholder directly in the POS.
Because there is only one url for this placeholder, you will have only one request for all the products with no images.
Indeed, if the product has an image, it will load normally.
- Feb 2016 : First version
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback here.
- Hparfr <https://github.com/hparfr> Akretion
- Sylvain LE GAL <https://twitter.com/legalsylvain>
- Ronald Portier <email@example.com>
See also this module pos_improve_images from GRAP for OpenERP 7.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit http://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.