Qweb XML Reports
This module was written to extend the functionality of the reporting engine to support XML reports and allow modules to generate them by code or by QWeb templates.
To install this module, you need to:
But this module does nothing for the end user by itself, so if you have it installed it's probably because there is another module that depends on it.
No manual configuration is needed.
If you are a user
You will be able to download XML reports from the Print menu found on form and list views.
If you are a developer
To learn from an example, just check the sample module.
To develop with this module, you need to:
- Create a module.
- Make it depend on this one.
- Follow instructions to create reports having in mind that the report_type field in your ir.actions.report.xml record must be qweb-xml.
In case you want to create a custom report, the instructions remain the same as for HTML reports, and the method that you must override is also called render_html, even when this time you are creating a XML report.
You can make your custom report inherit report_xml.xsd_checked_report, name it like your XML <template> id prepended by report., add a xsd() method that returns a XSD in a string, and have XSD automatic checking for free.
You can visit http://<server-address>/report/xml/<module.report_name>/<ids> to see your XML report online as a web page.
For further information, please visit:
Known issues / Roadmap
- Icon taken from http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Text-xml.svg.
- Jairo Llopis <email@example.com>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit http://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.