RRules in resource calendars
This module was written to extend the functionality of resource calendars to support more flexible schedules than the default implementation. Per calendar, you can create rules describing the schedule in a very similar manner to what most calendaring applications use for repeating appointments (technically: iCal recurrence rules, short rrule).
To use this module, you need to:
- go to a resource's calendar
- instead of filling in a day of week, fill in the repetition rule
If your user is a member of the group Full RRules in resource calendars, you'll see the full RRule possibilities. This is not really usable for most mere mortals, so by default, users see a week matrix where they can fill in time slots in the morning and in the afternoon. Morning starts at 8.00, and the afternoon at 13.00. In case you want to change this, set the values resource_calendar_rrule.simplified_morning resp. resource_calendar_rrule.simplified_afternoon to some float with the hours in the integer part and minutes in the fraction.
Known issues / Roadmap
- implement the rrule version of all functions in resource.calendar
- maybe also divert from current standard a bit because the current code assumes weekly repetition at many places
- an init hook to convert existing calendars to rrules would be nice
- allow to configure parameters via some settings wizard
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
- Holger Brunn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Do not contact contributors directly about help with questions or problems concerning this addon, but use the community mailing list or the appropriate specialized mailinglist for help, and the bug tracker linked in Bug Tracker above for technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.