Stock Ownership Availability Rules
This module extends the core behaviour to manage ownership of stock. It is useful when we want to keep stock that belongs to someone other than our company.
This functionality is partially implemented in Odoo, with some missing behaviour (e.g. it will silently deliver someone else's stock if that's all we've got).
The purpose of this module is also to add tests that are missing in the Odoo core.
With this module, the owner of quants becomes required, and is set by default as follows:
- If the location of the quant has a partner, it is used.
- Otherwise, if the location of the quant has a company, the related partner is used.
- Otherwise, the partner related to the default company for quants is used.
The tests make sure that the quants reservation always respect owners:
- Outgoing pickings without owner or with company owner only reserve quants with company owner, otherwise they remain unreserved.
- Outgoing pickings with owner only reserve quants with the same owner, otherwise they remain unreserved.
To understand stock owners more easily, now the "On Hand" button on the product form view opens a stock view grouped by location and owner (instead of location only).
Partially related to this is issue https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/4136.
To use this module, you need to:
- Go to ...
Known issues / Roadmap
- You can't use this module with real time accounting valuation, because the entry generation gets disabled when having an owner.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.