This module validate phone numbers using the phonenumbers Python library, which is a port of the library used in Android smartphones. For example, if your user is linked to a French company and you update the form view of a partner with a badly written French phone number such as '01-55-42-12-42', Odoo will automatically update the phone number to E.164 format '+33155421242' and display in the form and tree view of the partner the readable equivalent '+33 1 55 42 12 42'.
This module also adds tel: links on phone numbers and fax: links on fax numbers. If you have a softphone or a client software on your PC that is associated with tel: links, the softphone should propose you to dial the phone number when you click on such a link.
This module also updates the format() function for reports and adds 2 arguments :
- phone : should be True for a phone number, False (default) otherwize.
- phone_format : it can have 3 possible values :
- international (default) : the report will display '+33 1 55 42 12 42'
- national : the report will display '01 55 42 12 42'
- e164 : the report will display '+33155421242'
For example, in the Sale Order report, to display the phone number of the Salesman, you can write : o.user_id and o.user_id.phone and format(o.user_id.phone, phone=True, phone_format='national') or ''
This module is independant from the Asterisk connector.
Please contact Alexis de Lattre from Akretion <firstname.lastname@example.org> for any help or question about this module.
There is no specific installation procedure for this module.
There is no specific configuration procedure for this module.
There is no specific usage procedure for this module.
Known issues / Roadmap
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.