Text from HTML fieldby Grupo ESOC Ingeniería de Servicios https://github.com/OCA/server-tools , Tecnativa https://github.com/OCA/server-tools , Onestein https://github.com/OCA/server-tools , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/server-tools
|Also available in version||v 12.0 v 11.0 v 10.0 v 8.0 v 13.0|
Text from HTML field
This module provides some technical features that allow to extract text from any chunk of HTML, without HTML tags or attributes. You can chose either:
- To truncate the result by amount of words or characters.
- To append an ellipsis (or any character(s)) at the end of the result.
It can be used to easily generate excerpts.
This module just adds a technical utility, but nothing for the end user.
If you are a developer and need this utility for your module, see these examples and read the docs inside the code.
@api.multi def some_method(self): # Get truncated text from an HTML field. It will 40 words and 100 # characters at most, and will have "..." appended at the end if it # gets truncated. truncated_text = self.env["ir.fields.converter"].text_from_html( self.html_field, 40, 100, "...")
Known issues / Roadmap
- An option could be added to try to respect the basic HTML tags inside the excerpt (<b>, <i>, <p>, etc.).
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.