Verify email at signupby Antiun Ingeniería S.L. https://github.com/OCA/server-auth , Tecnativa https://github.com/OCA/server-auth , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/server-auth
|Also available in version||v 15.0 v 14.0 v 9.0 v 11.0 v 13.0 v 12.0|
Verify email at signup
This module extends the functionality of public sign up, and forces users to provide a valid email address.
To achieve this requirement, the user does not need to provide a password at sign up, but when logging in later for the first time.
- Install validate_email with pip install validate_email or equivalent.
To configure this module, you need to:
- Properly configure your outgoing email server(s).
- Go to Settings > General Settings and enable Allow external users to sign up.
To use this module, you need to:
- Log out.
- Sign up with a valid email.
Known issues / Roadmap
- Remove calls to cr.commit() in tests when https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/12237 gets fixed.
- Drop support for validate_email in favor of email_validator.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.