Optional validation of VAT via VIESby Tecnativa https://github.com/OCA/account-financial-tools , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/account-financial-tools
|Also available in version||v 16.0 v 12.0 v 13.0 v 15.0 v 14.0|
Optional validation of VAT via VIES
This module extends base_vat module features allowing to know if VIES validation was passed or not.
Then you can use "VIES validation passed" field in order to show VAT ID with or without country preffix in invoices, for instance.
NOTE: Although VIES validation is set in your company, this validation will not block VAT ID write (main difference to Odoo standard behavior) if this VAT ID is valid in its country.
In order to activate VIES validation, you must set this option in your company: Settings > Companies > Your Company > VIES VAT Check
When VIES VAT Check is activated:
- Odoo will try to validate VAT against VIES online service
- If passed, then "VIES validation passed" field will be True
- If not passed, then try to validate using country validation method
- If validated, then "VIES validation passed" field will be False
- If not validated, then a ValidationError will be shown to user
When VIES VAT Check is not activated:
- "VIES validation passed" field will be always False
You must prefix VAT with country code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2) and if you want to bypass country validation you can use "EU" code
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smash it by providing detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Rafael Blasco <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Antonio Espinosa <email@example.com>
- Sergio Teruel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- David Vidal <email@example.com>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module