Customizable unsubscription process on mass mailing emailsby Tecnativa https://github.com/OCA/social , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/social
Website Builder (website)
• Mass Mailing Campaigns (mass_mailing)
|Also available in version||v 8.0 v 12.0 v 11.0 v 9.0|
Customizable unsubscription process on mass mailing emails
This addon extends the unsubscription form to let you:
- Choose which mailing lists are not cross-unsubscriptable when unsubscribing from a different one.
- Know why and when a contact has been subscribed or unsubscribed from a mass mailing.
- Provide proof on why you are sending mass mailings to a given contact, as required by the GDPR in Europe.
You can customize what reasons will be displayed to your unsubscriptors when they are going to unsubscribe. To do it:
- Go to Mass Mailing > Configuration > Unsubscription Reasons.
- Create / edit / remove / sort as usual.
- If Details required is enabled, they will have to fill a text area to continue.
- Go to Mass Mailing > Mailings > Mass Mailings > Create.
- Edit your mass mailing at wish, but remember to add a snippet from Footers, so people have an Unsubscribe link.
- Send it.
- If somebody gets unsubscribed, you will see logs about that under Mass Mailing > Mailings > Unsubscriptions.
Known issues / Roadmap
- This module adds a security hash for mass mailing unsubscription URLs, which disables insecure URLs from mass mailing messages sent before its installation. This can be a problem, but anyway you'd get that problem in Odoo 11.0, where https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pull/12040 was merged, so at least this addon will be forward-compatible with it. So, this feature must be removed from here when migrating to v11.
- This module replaces AJAX submission core implementation from the mailing list management form, because it is impossible to extend it. When https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pull/14386 gets merged (which upstreams most needed changes), this addon will need a refactoring (mostly removing duplicated functionality and depending on it instead of replacing it). In the mean time, there is a little chance that this introduces some incompatibilities with other addons that depend on website_mass_mailing.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.