POS Default empty imageby Akretion https://github.com/OCA/pos , GRAP https://github.com/OCA/pos , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/pos
Point of Sale (point_of_sale)
• Inventory Management (stock)
• Invoicing (account)
|Also available in version||v 12.0 v 8.0|
Optimize loading time for products without image
This module extends the functionality of point of sale to make PoS load faster and to improve products display.
Point Of Sale Load faster
In the point of sale, loading products without image spend unnecessary time and resources.
When you have 8000 products in your Point of Sale and most of them don't have images, removing thousands of useless requests is welcome: the PoS loads faster that way.
Improve products display
By default, Odoo PoS display a useless generic image for products that doesn't have images.
With this module, the display of the product is changed, (Size of the name is increased for better visibility);
Each time the PoS instantiate a product, it will add this code for each product
<img src="'/web/binary/image?model=product.product&field=image_medium&id='+product.id;" />
The browser will trigger as many requests than there are different urls.
If you have many products, the browser will soon reach his limit of network connections to Odoo server and will wait for free slots instead of loading other valuable contents. Then the PoS is then very slow to work with.
This module adds a field has_image in product.product model.
If product has no image, the product image url is not sent to the PoS
- Feb 2016 : First version
- March 2018 : migration to v10 and improvements for Display
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smash it by providing detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Hparfr <https://github.com/hparfr> Akretion
- Sylvain LE GAL <https://twitter.com/legalsylvain>
- Invitu <https://github.com/invitu>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.