Email trackingby Tecnativa https://github.com/OCA/social , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/social
|Lines of code||1950|
|Also available in version||v 8.0 v 10.0 v 14.0 v 9.0 v 13.0 v 12.0|
This module shows email notification tracking status for any messages in mail thread (chatter). Each notified partner will have an intuitive icon just right to his name.
Table of contents
If you’re using a multi-database installation (with or without dbfilter option) where /web/databse/selector returns a list of more than one database, then you need to add mail_tracking addon to wide load addons list (by default, only web addon), setting --load option. For example, --load=web,mail_tracking
If you want to see all tracking emails and events you can go to
- Settings > Technical > Email > Tracking emails
- Settings > Technical > Email > Tracking events
When user sends a message in mail_thread (chatter), for instance in partner form, then an email tracking is created for each email notification. Then a status icon will appear just right to name of notified partner.
These are all available status icons:
Unknown: No email tracking info available. Maybe this notified partner has ‘Receive Inbox Notifications by Email’ == ‘Never’
Waiting: Waiting to be sent
Error: Error while sending
Sent: Sent to SMTP server configured
Delivered: Delivered to final MX server
Opened: Opened by partner
Cc: It’s a Carbon-Copy recipient. Can’t know the status so is ‘Unknown’
No Email: The partner doesn’t have a defined email
When the message generates and ‘error’ status, it will apear on discuss ‘Failed’ channel. Any view that uses ‘mail_thread’ widget can show the failed messages too.
You can use “Failed sent messages” filter present in all views to show records with messages in failed status and that needs an user action.
- Handle message updates on discuss ‘channel_failed’ instead of showing the ‘outdated’ message.
- Adapt chat_manager changes in v12
- Adapt discuss changes in v12
- Add pivot for tracking events and mail trackings
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/social project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.
Must have app
Easy to install. Now you know all about emails send by Odoo. Thank's