Partner Relationsby Therp BV https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact , Camptocamp https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/partner-contact
|Lines of code||1108|
|Also available in version||v 13.0 v 12.0 v 15.0 v 14.0 v 10.0 v 9.0|
This module aims to provide generic means to model relations between partners.
Examples would be 'is sibling of' or 'is friend of', but also 'has contract X with' or 'is assistant of'. This way, you can encode your knowledge about your partners directly in your partner list.
Before being able to use relations, you'll have define some first. Do that in Contacts / Relations / Partner relations. Here, you need to name both sides of the relation: To have an assistant-relation, you would name one side 'is assistant of' and the other side 'has assistant'. This relation only makes sense between people, so you would choose 'Person' for both partner types. For the relation 'is a competitor of', both sides would be companies, while the relation 'has worked for' should have persons on the left side and companies on the right side. If you leave this field empty, the relation is applicable to all types of partners.
If you use categories (tags) to further specify the type of partners, you could for example enforce that the 'is member of' relation can only have companies with label 'Organization' on the left side.
Now open a partner, click on the 'Relations' smart button and add relations as appropriate.
Searching partners with relations
Searching for relations is integrated transparently into the partner search form. To find all assistants in your database, fill in 'is assistant of' and autocomplete will propose to search for partners having this relation. Now if you want to find Anna's assistant, you fill in 'Anna' and one of the proposals is to search for partners having a relation with Anna. This results in Anna's assistant(s), as you searched for assistants before.
By default, only active, not expired relations are shown. If you need to find partners that had some relation at a certain date, fill in that date in the search box and one of the proposals is to search for relations valid at that date.
For further information, please visit:
Known issues / Roadmap
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smash it by providing detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Holger Brunn <email@example.com>
- Stefan Rijnhart <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Ronald Portier <email@example.com>
- Sandy Carter <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Bruno Joliveau <email@example.com>
- Adriana Ierfino <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Numigi (tm) and all its contributors (https://bit.ly/numigiens)
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.