PO Flexible Approval Processby XFanis https://xfanis.dev
Purchase Management (purchase)
• Inventory Management (stock)
|Lines of code||433|
|Also available in version||v 14.0 v 12.0 v 10.0 v 13.0|
Dynamic, Customizable and Flexible Approval Route for Purchase Orders
- Purchase Manager can configure unlimited approval rules by creating Purchase Teams
- Approval Route can be generated dynamically based on Total Amount of Purchase Order
- PO Approval can be used optionally or forcibly, depending on the module settings
- Locking Total Amount of PO after receiving approval from particular approver or after finishing approval route
- Unlimited level of "step by step" approval
- Multi Company and Multi Currency features of Odoo System are supported
How it works:
After module installation new settings block will be displayed:
- No - approval route functionality disabled.
- Optional - approval route can be used based PO initiator (Purchase Representative) choise.
- Required - approval route is required. It means user should select PO Team on create RFQ.
Each Administrator of the Purchase Module has access to create and manage own Purchase Team.
The form looks like in the screenshot below:
Enter name of the team, select team leader and add approvers
Team Leader is the Purchase Module Administrator who is allowed to manage own purchase team.
If Lock Amount Total checkbox is enabled the system prevents updating order lines after confirming order.
As Approver can be selected any User of the Purchase Module. Also you should enter Role/Position of the Approver. If information is available, system will try to set approverâs Job Title or Job Position in this field.
Also you can set Minimum Amount for which a validation by Approver is required.
If 0 - approver should approve each order. On confirming order the system generates approval route using Total value of PO and Minimum Amount for Approver. If Total less than Minimum Amount Approver will be skipped for this PO.
Also you can enable the option Lock Amount Total. If this checkbox is enabled user can not update order lines after received approval. An error will be triggered if the system detects a change in the Total.
Purchase Order Form:
After creating PO user clicks the "Confirm" button. After that a request to approve to the first approver will be sent:
Pending - is the status for current approver
Only current approver can see the "Approve" button:
Each approver will be requested to approve PO step by step. After the last approval PO is moving to the "Purchase Order" state and approval route is closing.
Video: 2 cases of using approval route to purchase PC accessories:
- case 1: purchase order for a small amount
- case 2: purchase order for a large amount
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.