Purchase Order Approval Block
This module allows you to block the approval of an RFQ when an Approval Block Reason has been provided. Upon confirmation of an RFQ the orders will be waiting for approval by a Manager.
- Go to ‘Purchases / Configuration / Purchase Approval Block Reasons’ and create the blocking reasons as needed, providing a name and a description. A field ‘Active’ allows you to deactivate the reason if you do not plan to use it any more.
- Assign the security group 'Release blocked RFQ' to users that should be able to release the block. Users in group 'Purchase / Managers' are by default assigned to this group.
Set the Purchase Approval Block
- Go to ‘Purchases / Purchase / Requests for Quotation’
- Create a new RFQ and indicate the approval block reason (found in the right hand side of the screen, below the order date).
Search existing RFQ
There is a filter ‘Blocked’ to search for orders that are blocked for approval. It is also possible to search RFQ’s with a specific block reason.
Confirm the RFQ
- Press the button ‘Confirm’. If there’s an approval block, the order will be set to status 'To Approve'. You will then need to request a Purchase Manager to approve it.
Release the purchase approval block
While the RFQ is in draft, members of security group ‘Release blocked RFQ’, can see a button ‘Release Approval Block’. From this point and on, anyone seeing that RFQ will be able to validate it.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
Can you please make same module but for Sales Orders
Can you please make same module but for Sales Orders, make it require one, or two approvals