Sessions in Redisby Camptocamp http://www.camptocamp.com , Odoo Community Association (OCA) http://www.camptocamp.com
|Lines of code||143|
|Also available in version||v 8.0 v 7.0 v 12.0 v 10.0 v 9.0|
Sessions in Redis
This addon allows to store the web sessions in Redis.
The storage of sessions in Redis is activated using environment variables.
- ODOO_SESSION_REDIS has to be 1 or true
- ODOO_SESSION_REDIS_HOST is the redis hostname (default is localhost)
- ODOO_SESSION_REDIS_PORT is the redis port (default is 6379)
- ODOO_SESSION_REDIS_PASSWORD is the password for the AUTH command (optional)
- ODOO_SESSION_REDIS_URL is an alternative way to define the Redis server address. It's the preferred way when you're using the rediss:// protocol.
- ODOO_SESSION_REDIS_PREFIX is the prefix for the session keys (optional)
- ODOO_SESSION_REDIS_EXPIRATION is the time in seconds before expiration of the sessions (default is 7 days)
- ODOO_SESSION_REDIS_EXPIRATION_ANONYMOUS is the time in seconds before expiration of the anonymous sessions (default is 3 hours)
- ODOO_SESSION_REDIS_COPY_EXISTING_FS_SESSIONS when 1 or true copies the existing odoo sessions from the filesystem to redis when starting
- ODOO_SESSION_REDIS_PURGE_EXISTING_FS_SESSIONS when 1 or true deletes the existing odoo sessions from the filesystem to redis when starting
The keys are set to session:<session id>. When a prefix is defined, the keys are session:<prefix>:<session id>
This addon must be added in the server wide addons with (--load option):
- The server has to be restarted in order for the sessions to be stored in Redis.
- The addon monkey-patch odoo.http.Root.session_store with a custom method when the Redis mode is active, so incompatibilities with other addons is possible if they do the same.
In order to preserve sessions when switching to redis run odoo with ODOO_SESSION_REDIS_COPY_EXISTING_FS_SESSIONS=true odoo --load session_redis --stop-after-init
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.
How I can know?
Hello there, I just install the session_redis module on my Odoo 11 CE, for now, I can only assume that it's working because I have no way to make sure it is, so It's there any log file, folder or anything else I can go and check that the module is working as I expecting? please let me know I really appreciate all your help. Regards.
Re: How I can know?
Hello, you have to configure environment variables (https://github.com/camptocamp/odoo-cloud-platform/tree/13.0/session_redis#configuration) and add the module in the SERVER_WIDE_MODULES or --load option. Then, in order to verify if it's used, you have 2 ways: * activate debug logs, you will see sessions created and read in Redis, or * list keys in your Redis database