Account Check Depositby Akretion https://github.com/OCA/account-financial-tools , Tecnativa https://github.com/OCA/account-financial-tools , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/account-financial-tools
|Lines of code||533|
|Also available in version||v 9.0 v 10.0 v 8.0 v 11.0 v 13.0|
Account Check Deposit
This module allows you to easily manage check deposits : you can select all the checks you received and create a global deposit for the selected checks. This module supports multi-currency ; each deposit has a currency and all the checks of the deposit must have the same currency (so, if you have checks in EUR and checks in USD, you must create 2 deposits: one in EUR and one in USD).
Table of contents
In the menu Invoicing > Configuration > Accounting > Journals, create a new journal:
- Name: Checks Received
- Type: Bank
- Short Code: CHK (or any code you want)
- Default Debit Account: select an account for checks received
- Default Credit Account: idem
This bank journal will be available as a payment method in Odoo. The account you configured as Default Debit Account and Defaut Credit Account is the account via which the amounts of checks will transit between the reception of a check from a customer and the validation of the check deposit in Odoo.
On the Settings page of the Accounting, you should configure the Check Deposit Offsetting Account:
- if you select Bank Account, the counter-part of the account move related to the check deposit will be the default debit account of the bank account selected on the check deposit.
- if you select Transfer Account, you will have to select a specific account that will be used as transfer account for check deposits.
When you receive a check that pays a customer invoice, you can go to that invoice and click on the button Register Payment and select the Check Received journal as Payment Journal.
When you want to deposit checks to the bank, go to the menu Invoicing > Accounting > Check Deposit, create a new check deposit and set the journal Checks Received and select the bank account on which you want to credit the checks. Then click on Add a line to select the checks you want to deposit at the bank. Eventually, validate the deposit and print the report (you probably want to customize this report).
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/account-financial-tools project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.