Default Language Translationby Le Filament https://github.com/OCA/server-backend , Mariano Ruiz https://github.com/OCA/server-backend , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/server-backend
|Lines of code||78|
Default Language Translation
This modules allows to select a default language which is used for source terms in translations. Any update done with this default_language will be taken as source in translations and written in object directly. Also when updating a translatable term, all existing translations (but default language) will be set to to_translate
This module is useless in case your main language is en_US or in case you have only 1 language installed (in thoses cases, Odoo performs correctly).
Table of contents
To configure this module, you need to:
- Go to Settings > Translations > Languages
- Select the language you want to use as default (enter form view)
- Edit, tick “By default”, Save
Note: only one language can be set as default. Should you want to change your default language, you would have to first untick previous one.
To use this module, you need to:
- Go to any model with translatable fields (e.g. product, survey, etc.)
- Update a translatable field and Save, source term and object field in database will be set with your new value
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Rémi - Le Filament (https://le-filament.com)
- Mariano Ruiz <https://launchpad.net/~marianoruiz>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/server-backend project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.