Default Thread For Unbounded Emailsby Tecnativa https://github.com/OCA/social , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/social
|Lines of code||64|
|Also available in version||v 11.0 v 13.0 v 9.0|
Default Thread For Unbounded Emails
This module extends the functionality of mail fetching to support choosing a mail thread that acts as a mail sink and gathers all mail messages that Odoo does not know where to put.
Dangling emails are really a problem because if you do not care about them, SPAM can enter your inbox and keep increasing fetchmail process network quota because Odoo would gather them every time it runs the fetchmail process.
Before this, your only choice was to create a new record for those unbounded emails. That could be useful under some circumstances, like creating a crm.lead for them, but what happens if you do not want to have lots of spammy leads? Or if you do not need Odoo’s CRM at all?
Here we come to the rescue. This simple addons adds almost none dependencies and allows you to direct those mails somewhere you can handle or ignore at wish.
Table of contents
To configure this module, you need to:
Go to Settings > General Settings > Configure the incoming email gateway.
Create or edit a record.
Under Default mail thread, choose a model and record.
Tip: if you do not know what to choose, we suggest you to use a mail channel.
To use this module, you need to:
- Subscribe to the thread you chose as the Default mail thread.
- You will be notified when a new unbound email lands in that thread.
- Do what you want with it.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Jairo Llopis
- David Vidal
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/social project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.