MRP Production Request
This module extends the functionality of Manufacturing to allow you to use Manufacturing Request (MR) as a previous step to Manufacturing Orders (MO).
Some of the benefits you can obtain are:
- Allow managers to review what is going to be manufactured.
- Better control of manufacturing calendar.
- Manage big requirements splitting them in batches.
- Know your bottleneck component in advance and only schedule what you really can build.
Table of contents
To configure a product to automatically generate Manufacturing Requests from procurements instead of directly create manufacturing orders you need to:
- Go to the products that you want them to trigger manufacturing requests.
- Go to the Inventory tab.
- Check the box of a manufacture route and the box of Manufacturing Request.
To use this module, you need to:
- Go to Manufacturing > Manufacturing Requests.
- Create a manufacturing request or open a existing one (assigned to you or created from a procurement).
- If you click on Request approval button the user assigned as approver will be added to the thread.
- If you are the approver you can either click on Approve or Reject buttons.
- Rejecting a MR will cancel it and propagate this cancellation to destination moves.
- Approving a MR will allow you to create manufacturing orders.
- You can manually set to done a request by clicking in the button Done.
To create MOs from MRs you have to:
- Go to approved manufacturing request.
- Click on the button Create Manufacturing Order.
- In the opened wizard, click on Compute lines so you will have a quantity proposed for creating a MO. This quantity is the maximum quantity you can produce with the current stock available for the components needed in the source location.
- Use the proposed quantity or change it and click on Create MO at the bottom of the wizard.
NOTE: This module does not restrict the quantity that can be converted from a MR to MOs. It is in hands of the user to decide when a MR is ended and to set it to Done state.
- Take into account workstations.
- Take into account consumable products.
- [MIG] Migration to v12.
- [MIG] Migration to v11. Start of the history.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/manufacture project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.