Point of Sale - LED Customer Displayby Aurélien DUMAINE , GRAP , Akretion , Odoo Community Association (OCA)
Point of Sale (point_of_sale)
• Inventory (stock)
• Invoicing (account)
|Also available in version||v 9.0 v 10.0 v 8.0|
Point of Sale - LED Customer Display
This module adds support for LED Customer Display in the Point of Sale.
It has been tested with
- Bixolon BCD-1100 (http://www.bixolon.com/html/en/product/product_detail.xhtml?prod_id=61),
- Aures OCD 300 (https://www.aures.com/point-de-vente-equipment-solutions-systemes/ecrans-tactiles-afficheurs/ocd-300-350-afficheur-client-graphique)
But it should support most serial and USB-serial LED displays out-of-the-box or with minor adaptations in the source code * of the module hw_customer_display if you use the POSbox, * or of the Python lib pyposdisplay if you use pywebdriver.
Table of contents
This module is designed to be installed on the main Odoo server. On the POSbox, you should install the module hw_customer_display. But you will certainly prefer to use pywebdriver instead of the POSbox. Compared to the POSbox, Pywebdriver has several advantages:
- smaller footprint: no need to have a full-blown Odoo with PostgreSQL on the computer of the cashier (or his small Linux-based PC connected to the hardware, like the RaspberryPi for the POSbox),
- availability of an Ubuntu package, for easier deployment,
- native support for the customer display, payment terminal, etc.
- nice test/diagnosis Web interface.
To configure this module, * go to the menu Point of Sale > Configuration > Point of Sale * edit the point of sale for which you want to enable the LED:
- In the IotBox section, activate the option LED Customer Display,
- configure the format of your LED screen. (2 lines of 20 characters, by default)
- optionaly, you can customize the Next customer message and the POS closed message
Once everything is configured, just start the POS as usual. You will see messages on the device when:
- you start the POS,
- you add or remove a product,
- you select or deselect a customer,
- you press the Payment button: the device will display the total amount,
- you enter the amount of cash you receive: the device will display the amount of the change to give back,
- you validate an order and go to the next customer,
- you close the POS.
- Support other format, for exemple, 4 lines of 30 characters, for the Bixolon BDC-2000.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Aurélien Dumaine
- Alexis de Lattre <email@example.com>
- Father Odilon (Barroux Abbey)
- Daniel Kraft
- Sylvain LE GAL ((https://twitter.com/legalsylvain))
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/pos project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.