Point of Sale - Picking Creation Delayedby GRAP https://www.github.com/OCA/pos , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://www.github.com/OCA/pos
Point of Sale (point_of_sale)
• Inventory (stock)
• Invoicing (account)
|Lines of code||2608|
|Also available in version||v 10.0 v 11.0|
Point of Sale - Picking Creation Delayed
This module extends the functionality of odoo Point Of Sale to reduce creation time of the PoS orders, via the front UI.
For that purpose, it delays the creation of the picking associated, that will be created later by queue job.
This module is interesting specially in a context of Synchroneous Point Of Sale that is introduced by certification modules like ‘l10n_fr_pos_cert’ because in such cases, the bill will be printed only when the pos order is created ( after the call of the function create_from_ui) and the creation of the picking is the process that takes the most time.
See https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pull/26314#issuecomment-422949266 for more information.
Table of contents
- Go to ‘Point of Sale’ / ‘Configuration’ / ‘Point of Sale’
- Select your Point of Sale
- Set the value in the field ‘Picking Creation Delayed’. (Checked by default)
- This module depends on queue_job module that requires specific configuration to works properly. Make sure your config file is correctly set. See https://github.com/OCA/queue/tree/12.0/queue_job
You should update your odoo.cfg file to add a new channel named root.pos_picking_delayed:
[queue_job] channels = root:2,root.pos_picking_delayed:1
Otherwise, you’ll have a non blocking warning in your log, like this one.
WARNING ? odoo.addons.queue_job.jobrunner.channels: unknown channel root.pos_picking_delayed, using root channel for job 23f6b872-1d2c-4003-bd38-a8486bbec664
- Use your Point of Sale as usual. When validating an order, the order will be in a different color until the job is executed
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Sylvain LE GAL <https://twitter.com/legalsylvain>
The development of this module has been financially supported by:
- GRAP, Groupement Régional Alimentaire de Proximité (www.grap.coop)
- Mind & Go, (https://mind-and-go.com/)
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/pos project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.