Sale Invoice Group Method
This module allows you to combine several Sales Orders into a single invoice, if they meet the group criteria defined by the ‘Invoice Group Method’.
The group criteria is defined in the ‘Invoice Group Method’ by a combination of fields of the Sales Order. ‘Invoice Address’, ‘Currency’ and ‘Payment Term’ are always included.
You can assign a default ‘Invoice Group Method’ to customers, so that it will be proposed on their orders.
When no Invoice Group Method is defined in a Sales Order, the standard approach will be used, which groups by ‘Invoice Address’ and ‘Currency’.
Note: Existing draft invoices are not considered in the process of grouping. However, you can find the feature implemented in sale_merge_draft_invoice from sale-workflow repository.
Table of contents
You need to install sale_management module for accessing the needed menus.
- Go to ‘Sales / Configuration / Invoice Group Method’
- Create an Invoice Group Method and choose the fields of the Sales Order that should be equal in that particular grouping method, for their orders to be merged into the same invoice. For example, create the Invoice Group Method ‘By Customer’ and select the field ‘Customer’).
- Go to ‘Sales / Sales / Customers’
- Choose a customer and go to ‘Sales & Purchases’ page.
- Update the ‘Default Invoice Group Method’
Create a Quote / Sale Order
- Go to ‘Sales / Sales / Quotations’.
- Create a new Quote and inside the ‘Other Information’ page select an option from the field ‘Invoice Group Method’. If the customer had a default, it will have been provided already.
- Complete the Quote as usual.
- Go to ‘Sales / Sales / Sales Orders’.
- Select all the sales orders with status ‘To invoice’.
- Go to ‘Action’ and click ‘Invoice Order’. As a result, draft invoices will be created for the selected Sales Orders, consolidating them according to the Invoice Group Method defined.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/sale-workflow project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.